Americold Work Injury Attorney
If you’ve suffered an injury at work at Americold Logistics, you have the legal right to receive financial compensation for those losses. Don’t wait to contact your attorney. Doing so immediately allows our team at The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson to get to work right away to support your needs. An Americold work injury in Georgia could mean you are suffering from significant losses, perhaps an inability to work or chronic pain. We can help you. Here’s what you need to know if you’re injured while working at Americold.
Americold in Georgia
Americold Logistics is a warehousing and transportation company located in Atlanta, Georgia. The company offers temperature-controlled warehousing solutions for a wide range of companies, typically in the area of food preservation. This includes providing services such as blast freezing, pick and pack, repacking, staging, repacking, and labeling services. It warehouses product for long periods and then ships them off to various food producers around the world.
Americold Logistics has more than 185 locations around the world. There are several locations in Atlanta, Georgia, including the company’s corporate offices. The company has had employees injured while working.
One of the most notable cases, as reported by OSHA, involves an employee who was working in the cold storage warehouse. His equipment failed to operate as it should, and when trying to get down, he slipped and fell 35 feet. He was taken to a hospital, where he died two weeks later. This incident occurred in May of 2012. Many other injuries are likely to have taken place at any of the warehouses maintained by Americold Logistics.
Potential Dangers and Americold Work Injury Risks
If you were injured while working at Americold for any reason or in any way, please contact our attorneys to discuss your case with a team of dedicated professionals with ample experience.
As a cold storage warehouse and transportation facility, there are numerous risks employees take each day when going to work here. The type of work the employee does play a big role in those risks. Some of the potential factors that could contribute to those risks include:
- Equipment failures: Should equipment fail to work properly and become unsafe to use, that can lead to an injury. This includes failures that lead to fractures, loss of fingers, or other significant losses.
- Slips and falls: The surfaces in any temperature treated warehouse are going to create a high risk for slip and fall accidents. This may include not just falling but also striking the head, which could cause traumatic brain injuries. It may also include instances in which a person falls and shatters their spine or suffers significant damage to the function of their spinal cord.
- Repetitive motion injuries: Some of the packing and other tasks require individuals to perform the same motion over and over again. When this occurs, it can lead to significant injury to the wrists.
- Crushing: If pallets of materials fall over, they could pin someone under the material, crushing them.
- Accidents from vehicles: A person may suffer significant losses from accidents involving the vehicles used to move product around, including crushing their feet, burns, bone fractures, and more.
These are just a few examples of some of the most common Americold work injuries. You could have suffered others.
What to Do After Being Injured While Working at Americold
If you’ve been injured while working at Americold, the first step to take is to get the emergency medical care you need. Alert your manager or the supervisor of the shift and report to the ER for an examination even if you do not think you need to. This helps establish your injuries.
Then, fill out the necessary workers’ compensation forms or accident forms requested by the employer. This should allow the insurance company to contact you. If this is a significant case, stop there and call a workers’ compensation attorney.
How to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim and How an Attorney Can Help
The goal of any workers’ compensation insurance agent is to reduce the amount of money paid to anyone filing a claim. They do that in a number of ways, including by tricking you into admitting your made a mistake or trying to get you to state that the injury isn’t that bad. There are many such risks.
Our goal at The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson is to help you through this process. That’s why we encourage you to contact our team right away after a significant accident. You should provide your information to your employer about what occurred and fill out a detailed accident form. Then, let us help you with filing the claim.
As your attorney, we will help ensure that you receive fair documentation for any incident that occurred. You’ll learn about your rights and obligations. Then, when it comes time to file the formal claim, we will document all of your losses for you and help you through the entire process. By doing this, we may be able to help you avoid some of the pitfalls insurance companies create to put your claim at risk.
We can help you with:
- Determining what all of your losses are
- Protecting your rights throughout the process according to Georgia law
- Talking to the workers’ compensation claims agent
- Proving you deserve more
- Going to court to prove what you are owed if necessary
We work with you to ensure your rights are known. This is a hard time for you, especially if you’re unsure if you can go back to work. Let us help minimize any risks to you throughout this process.
FAQS on Workers’ Compensation in Georgia
If you have questions about an Americold work injury, don’t wait to give our team at The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson a call. Here are some common workers’ compensation claim questions you may have.
How does workers’ compensation work in Georgia?
If you’ve suffered an injury and you’re unable to work for more than 7 days, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation for lost income. You also may be eligible for financial compensation if you’ve experienced medical bills or suffered any other financial losses due to the accident occurring at Americold. Even if you are unsure if you are entitled to financial compensation, reach out to your workers’ compensation attorney for clarity and insight.
Can you be fired while on workers’ comp in Georgia?
There are many factors that contribute to this, but it is possible for your employer to terminate your employment when you are on workers’ compensation due to being injured on the job. You may not have job status protection while you are not working. That is one of the reasons why you should seek out help from a workers’ compensation attorney that understands how Americold could limit your ability to get back to work. Let us take a closer look at your rights.
Contact an Attorney for Help for an Americold Work Injury
If you suffered any type of Americold work injury, allow our team to speak to you about all of your legal options. We help people injured in Georgia get the support they need. There are many reasons to work with us, including:
- Client satisfaction – We have over 175 positive Google Reviews
- Millions recovered – Over our history, we’ve helped clients receive over $250 million in recoveries
- Experience – Our proven experience matters in the results of your case, and with over 10,000 cases under our belt, you can depend on that experience
The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson serves all of Georgia. If you were injured while working at Americold know that there is no one in your corner but your attorney. Don’t trust the insurance company or your employer. Instead, turn to us for a consultation to discuss your case with you today.