Atlanta Logging & Tree Trimmer Workers’ Compensation Attorney
The work of a logging and tree trimming worker is inherently risky. It is necessary work, and even the most skilled professionals can experience injury. These jobs typically are dangerous because of the height, the weight of trees, and the type of equipment used. If you are an employee of any type of tree trimming company in Georgia, workers’ compensation should help cover the costs of any injuries you have. At The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson, we can help you with your tree trimmer work injury.
Often, our clients wonder why they should not simply file a claim for compensation. You should, but with the help of an attorney. The goal of most insurance companies is to reduce how much they have to pay out. Our goal is to help ensure you get the compensation you need to help you through this life-changing situation. Work injury claims for tree trimmers can be financial lifelines – they may be critical to helping you to move on with your life. Don’t risk it. Ensure you have a qualified attorney by your side.
Know the Risks of Your Job and the Protections Available
Georgia is one of many states that have laws in place to protect employees in dangerous positions. OSHA also creates such laws outlining specific rules on how tasks are to be completed to minimize risk. This includes risks in terms of the type of safety harnesses and equipment, the methods used in dropping trees, and more.
Yet, the Bureau of Labor Statistics shares that logging workers have one of the highest fatal injury rates of any job, with that risk being 30 times higher than for all other work.
The risks to you are clear. You’re entitled to financial compensation when you are hurt on the job under Georgia law, no matter if you made a mistake or didn’t follow a rule that led to that injury. Our attorneys can help you get the compensation owed to you.
Common Injuries in Tree Trimmer and Logging Jobs
Many types of injuries can occur. Some of the most common tree trimmer work injury risks include the following:
- Falls: Falling from any height can cause serious injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and lacerations. For tree trimmers, there is the need to climb high, but sometimes safety procedures fail.
- Amputation: The equipment you use on a daily basis can increase the risk of serious lacerations, sometimes involving the loss of fingers or limbs.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Falling objects, including tree limbs, put many professionals at risk for injuries to the head. In some situations, this can lead to traumatic brain injuries that create life-long cognition concerns, limited ability to function as you did, and chronic pain.
- Broken Bones: This can be the result of falls, but it can also occur in crushing or pinning incidents. In other cases, it may be brought on by falling limbs. Broken bones can lead to long-term mobility concerns.
- Burns: The equipment used in tree trimming is often dangerous not just in its ability to cut but also in its ability to burn. Burns can create life-threatening infections and disfigurement.
If you suffer any injury while on the job, you may have the right to compensation. A tree trimmer work injury can be life-threatening. In situations where your loved one has lost their life in a job like this, we highly recommend reaching out to our legal team for immediate support.
Common Questions About Work Injury Claims for Loggers in Georgia
I was hurt on the job. Can workers’ compensation help me get a new job?
If you are unable to continue to complete the work you used to do due to a work injury, you may qualify for work retraining. This is an opportunity for you to learn new skills or get the support you need to get back on track and help you get the compensation owed to you to cover your expenses until that happens.
My employer doesn’t want me to file a workers’ compensation claim for my injury. Should I?
Set up a free consultation to speak to Attorney Johnson. In some cases, employers may do this to reduce their obligation to pay for your injuries or to reduce their costs. That may not be fair to you. Let us speak to you about your case and provide insight. There’s no obligation to take action if you’re unsure if you should, but we can provide you with the facts and details you need.
Why You Need a Workers’ Compensation Attorney for a Tree Trimmer Work Injury
Work injury claims for tree trimmers or others in the logging industry are critical to helping you to get back on your feet. A single accident like this can cause thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost time at work, long-term rehabilitation needs, and the inability to perform your job. In some situations, you may struggle with injuries that cause disfigurement, develop mental health complications, and suffer from chronic pain.
There is a lot on the line. When you are going up against an attorney or insurance company with years of experience, and their job is to limit your claim, that may be devastating. Having an attorney to help you with your workers’ compensation claims may:
- Ensure you receive the compensation owed to you
- Allow you to fully document all of your losses
- Provide you with support as you answer insurance questions
- Aid you in getting back to work if possible
- Support you as you file for claims for the death of your loved one
Let us handle the insurance adjusters and attorneys. At The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson, our goal is to provide you with the support you need through this process.
Put Your Trust in The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson
For a free consultation to discuss your tree trimmer work injury, contact The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson now. Our trusted legal team is available to answer all of your questions. There’s no risk in reaching out to us.