Walmart Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Atlanta
Perhaps you are one of the many Walmart workers injured at their warehouses. In 2022, the U.S. Department of Labor investigated claims over the high risk of workplace injury there. You may be an in-store employee who has suffered injuries instead. No matter what you’re facing, it’s our goal to be there to support you with your work injury claim for a Walmart employee.
The Risks Are High to Walmart Workers
Heavy boxes, inefficiencies with equipment, and the rush to get more done faster puts people at risk. When safety guidelines are not followed or in situations where proper oversight doesn’t occur, these types of injuries can create life-threatening outcomes.
In Georgia, there are 66,800 people that work for Walmart in some capacity. The company, which employed more than 2.3 million people around the world at the end of 2022, is one of the largest employers. Yet, that doesn’t mean their associates are safe. When accidents occur, you have the right to seek compensation for your losses. Filing a Walmart workers’ compensation claim is necessary, and we can help you.
Hire an Attorney to Support Your Claim
The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson have worked to support the needs of Walmart workers throughout Atlanta. We know how difficult this can be to simply get the compensation owed to you.
A work injury claim for a Walmart employee can be challenging in some situations:
- The supervisor did not document what occurred
- The company claims you had a previously existing injury
- You cannot document your financial losses from the incident
- There are other claims made against you
- They offered a settlement for a fraction of what you expected
It is critical that you have an attorney help oversee the claims process. Doing so protects your rights and streamlines the process.
Common Injuries Walmart Associates Face
Numerous types of injuries impact Walmart employees each year. You should be able to file a claim for any losses you have from any type of work injury. Some of the most common include:
- Slips and falls: Improperly maintained surfaces are a common cause of this type of injury. This includes in-store, warehouse, and parking lots. Tripping over pallets, slipping on icy surfaces, or falling on wet floors are common.
- Back injuries: Lifting without support, lifting items that are too heavy, or strains to the back are also common injuries for Walmart workers. Even if you follow all the lifting rules, you may still suffer injuries.
- Repetitive injuries: The movement of muscles and limbs in repeated fashion can lead to repetitive injuries. This includes conditions like carpal tunnel. You may also develop painful spinal column injuries from standing in place for long periods of time.
- Lacerations: Equipment can be dangerous including in the various warehouses and storage areas of these retail locations. Cuts from box knives are just one example. Others include injuries from boxing equipment, forklifts, and falling objects.
- Loss of limbs: In some situations, lacerations, equipment failures, or other accidents can result in the loss of a finger or limb.
- Neck injuries: Falling objects, twisting and turning, and straining can lead to neck injuries, sometimes also causing shoulder and back pain.
If you suffered any of these injuries, reach out to our legal team now. Let us help you with the Walmart workers’ compensation claim you need to make.
The Benefits of Having an Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Atlanta
Many people suffering a work-related injury just want to have their medical bills covered. Our goal is to help ensure you receive compensation for all losses you’ve obtained. When you decide to work with us, we can help you with the following:
- Filing a claim that includes all of your past medical costs and losses
- Supports pain and suffering claims
- Help you get financial coverage for lost time at work and benefits
- Aids in long-term needs such as rehabilitation or work training
- Provides financial compensation to you if you cannot return to work or cannot do the same job
- Supports you in proving your loss and injury
Our team fields the questions from the insurance adjuster for you. We minimize the risk of abusive behavior by the company. As aggressive, dedicated attorneys with a proven level of experience, you can expect exceptional support from us throughout the claims process.
Common Questions About Workers’ Compensation Claims for Walmart Employees in Georgia
If I cannot go back to work at Walmart after my injury, will they help me get a new job?
Workers’ compensation will cover the financial losses you incurred as a result of your injury. In some situations, you may also receive vocational training in a new area to help you find work that is fitting to your needs. In some cases, there may be help for job coaching as well.
How much will my Walmart workers’ compensation claim be for?
The amount you receive will be dependent on many factors in your case. Our goal is to help you receive all losses you’ve incurred. A well-designed legal strategy that accurately accounts for those losses and demonstrates the responsibility of the employer to pay them can help you. Speak to our attorneys today to discuss your specific needs and what you can expect moving forward with your claim.
Why Trust The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson with Your Case?
Filing a work injury claim for a Walmart employee is something we have done many times before. Our attorneys will discuss your case with you thoroughly and provide you with insight into what you can expect. We also listen to what’s occurred to you and document your losses thoroughly.
We handle the insurance company with the goal of having them pay a settlement that fits your needs. Yet, when it is necessary, we’ll go to court to support your rights to additional compensation.
- Over 10,000 cases handled
- More than $250 million recovered for our clients
- A trusted reputation throughout Georgia
Contact us now for a free consultation to discuss your Walmart workers’ compensation claim. Our trusted team is ready to help you. Put your trust in The Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson.