The Most Dangerous Jobs in America
By Darwin F. Johnson on June 30th, 2017 in Atlanta Workers Comp, Catastrophic Workplace Injury, injury prevention, Macon Workers Comp, Savannah Worker's Comp, work injuries, work injury, Workers Compensation, workplace injuries, workplace injury
As one of the top workers’ compensation lawyer in Atlanta, I can confidently say that all workplaces are not created equal; some jobs are simply more dangerous than others. We know that there are certain workplaces that are more prone to accidents because the environment provides many more opportunities to be seriously hurt. If you work in one of these industries, make sure to take special care to avoid workplace injuries, and follow all safety procedures.
- By far, one of the most dangerous jobs in America is logging and cutting down trees. Workers’ compensation lawyers in Atlanta know that the combination of falling trees and use of heavy machinery (often in bad weather) equals many annual workplace injuries.
- Think all fishers are sitting leisurely on a still pond and pulling up the odd catfish? Think again! Commercial fishers are in one of the most dangerous professions in America because sailing in bad weather often creates an unsafe work environment.
- Aircraft engineers. Every day, thousands of airplanes fly in and out of Atlanta, making aircraft engineers one of the most injured classes of employees in the city. Our Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyers frequently see injuries involving fingers and the hands, as airplane engineers always have to deal with heavy and fine machinery.
- Sunburns and hammered fingers aren’t the worst injuries that can occur when you’re a roofer! Roofing is the No. 1 industry related to falls and head injuries from falling. In fact, all general construction work is particularly prone to workplace injury because heights are often involved.
- Iron and steel workers. Like aircraft engineers, iron and steel workers often work with very dangerous heavy machinery. These machines can trap fingers and arms, so particular care is needed when working in this industry.
If you are in need of workers’ compensation representation, contact us at the Law Offices of Darwin F. Johnson today!